Wings for your Windows Explorer!
Clover is an extension of the Windows Explorer, to add multi-tab functionality similar to Google Chrome browser. After install Clover, you will be able to open multiple folders within the same window, and you can also add folder bookmarks.
Windows XP / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
English / 简体中文 / 繁體中文 / 日本語 / Français / Español / Russian / Deutsch / Nederlands / Português
Convenient Tab page
Just remember that Ctrl + T to open the page, and Ctrl + W to close the page, Ctrl + Tab to switch pages, the work efficiency far more than doubled!
Seamless integration with operating system
Clover was integrated into Windows Explorer, to keep your usual habits, without having to learn new file management operation.
Lightning-fast bookmarks bar
Press Ctrl + D to bookmark the current path, or drag the folder into the bookmarks bar. No need to look for the folder around, instant reach, how happy!
3.1.3 update (2017-08-26)
- New Function: Drag files / folders to move between tags and Tags
- New Function: Drag files / folders to bookmarks
- Improved: Multi language translation
- Fixed: WinXP, Double click the icon appears two clover window
- Fixed: Win7, After the installation is complete, the start menu in the presence of two shortcut icon
3.1.2 update (2017-08-12)
- New Function：Setting - Other(New tab page when you click the mouse wheel、Double-click on folders in the blank space to the upper directory、Double-click on the tag title when closing the current Tab、Use the mouse wheel on the tab bar to switch tabs.)
- New Function：Setting - Bookmark Manager(Import bookmarks from HTML file、Export bookmarks to HTML file)
- Fixed:New Function：Multi language version(Support：English / 简体中文 / 繁體中文 / 日本語 / Français / Español / Russian / Deutsch / Nederlands / Português)
- Improved: Crash problem caused by system compatibility
- Fixed:Cancel check "display bookmarks bar", re start the bookmark bar is still displayed
3.1.1 update (2017-07-27)
- Improved: Code refactoring
- Fixed:The collapse problem caused by the compatibility of Win8 system
- Fixed:The collapse problem caused by the compatibility of Win10 system
- Fixed: Exit exception problem of WinXP SP2 system
3.0.406 update (2014-01-26)
- Improved: Speed up new tab creating
- Improved: Better color for UI elements and Tab strip in case of high contrast and black themes
- Fixed: In Windows 8.1, IME candidate box not shown
- Fixed: In Windows 8.1, preview windows not shown
- Fixed: In Windows 8, sometimes Ribbon bar not shown
- Fixed: Few other bugs fixed...
3.0.386 update (2013-08-12)
- New: Setting for mouse wheel to switch tabs
- Improved: The shortcut in bookmark bar can support parameters now
- Fixed: Right Ctrl + L can jump to address bar now
- Fixed: Windows 8 Ribbon bar lost
- Fixed: Explorer crashed at Clover exit
- Fixed: Double click can close inactivate tab now
- Fixed: Few other bugs fixed...
Q: Does Clover support Windows2000 System?
A: Clover currently only supports Windows XP and later versions of Windows (32bit/64bit), and support the most common languages such as English and Chinese.
Q: When installing Clover, 360 security guards prompt regsvr32 process to install the browser plug-in software security?
A: Clover was a Windows Explorer plug-ins integrated into the system, and external opened Explorer window was automatically hosted into Clover window. The Clover program does not get any message of the user.
Q: Is "Clover" free?
A: Yes, "Clover" is Freeware.
If you use "Clover" in a commercial environment and find it useful a donation would be appreciated.
Q: Newly opened Windows Explorer was not hosted by Clover, what’s the cause?
A: Some users use optimization software to disable the TabHelper plug-in, this will result in such a result, open IE’s “Manage Add-ons” menu, look into “ExplorerWatcher class”, re-enable TabHelper to solve issue.
Q: ExplorerWatcher was enabled, but newly opened Windows Explorer was still not hosted by Clover?
A: Please look into the registry setting to check if your Browser Extensions were disabled.
“Enable Browser Extensions”=”yes”
Q: Would You make Clover opensource?
A: Many users asked for making it opensource. It will be not for now because:
1. Code is hastily written, and it has a lot of problems.
2. Long-term plans are not yet fully developed.
3. Clover hasn’t yet built up the brand-strength to prevent copying.
Q: How to change the explorer icon back to its original icon?
A: Some people don’t like Clover icon, someones do like. So I don’t change it before I find a better one, ore someone create more beautiful one.
Mr. 3man and nick give a pretty ico for Clover, click to download: (by 3man) (by nick). You can replace the shortcut icon here:
C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\Clover.lnk