Wings for your Windows Explorer!
Clover is an extension of the Windows Explorer, to add multi-tab functionality similar to Google Chrome browser. After install Clover, you will be able to open multiple folders within the same window, and you can also add folder bookmarks.
Windows XP / Windows 7 / Windows 8
English / 简体中文 / 繁體中文 / 日本語 / Français / Español / Deutsch / Nederlands / Português
Convenient Tab page
Just remember that Ctrl + T to open the page, and Ctrl + W to close the page, Ctrl + Tab to switch pages, the work efficiency far more than doubled!
Seamless integration with operating system
Clover as a BHO plug-in, integrated into Windows Explorer, to keep your usual habits, without having to learn new software operation, and immediately you can use.
Lightning-fast bookmarks bar
Press Ctrl + D to add the current path, or drag the folder into the bookmarks bar. No longer around to look for the folder to access, instant reach, how happy!
- New: Reopen last opened tabs
- New: Restore last opened tabs if Clover crashed
- New: Import/Export bookmarks
- Improved: Show more faster
- Improved: Reload tab if Explorer crashed
- Improved: Ctrl+Middle click to open bookmark in background
- Improved: Mouse wheel to switch tab only on tabstrip
- Fixed: CPU 100% bug
- Fixed: Three click on white space will go up two level
- Fixed: Many other bugs fixed...
- New: "Double-Click on white space" will go up one level
- New: Setting for wheel click
- Fixed: Alt+Tab does not switch out
- Fixed: Windows placement not saved under WinXP
- Fixed: Some themes can not be loaded
- Fixed: Help button not shown under Win8
Q: Does Clover support Windows2000 System?
A: Clover currently only supports Windows XP and later versions of Windows (32bit/64bit), and support the most common languages such as English and Chinese.
Q: When installing Clover, 360 security guards prompt regsvr32 process to install the browser plug-in software security?
A: Clover was a Windows Explorer plug-ins integrated into the system, and external opened Explorer window was automatically hosted into Clover window. The Clover program does not get any message of the user.
Q: Is "Clover" free?
A: Yes, "Clover" is Freeware.
If you use "Clover" in a commercial environment and find it useful a donation would be appreciated.
Q: Newly opened Windows Explorer was not hosted by Clover, what’s the cause?
A: Some users use optimization software to disable the TabHelper plug-in, this will result in such a result, open IE’s “Manage Add-ons” menu, look into “ExplorerWatcher class”, re-enable TabHelper to solve issue.
Q: ExplorerWatcher was enabled, but newly opened Windows Explorer was still not hosted by Clover?
A: Please look into the registry setting to check if your Browser Extensions were disabled.
“Enable Browser Extensions”=”yes”
Q: Would You make Clover opensource?
A: Many users asked for making it opensource. It will be not for now because:
1. Code is hastily written, and it has a lot of problems.
2. Long-term plans are not yet fully developed.
3. Clover hasn’t yet built up the brand-strength to prevent copying.
Q: How to change the explorer icon back to its original icon?
A: Some people don’t like Clover icon, someones do like. So I don’t change it before I find a better one, ore someone create more beautiful one.
Mr. 3man and nick give a pretty ico for Clover, click to download: (by 3man) (by nick). You can replace the shortcut icon here:
C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\Clover.lnk